ABT Node can be installed in the following ways :
You can use either of the above ways to deploy it on any infrastructure like Cloud, Virtual machines, workstations, etc.
If you are interested in running ABT Node locally on your device, we currently support Linux and macOS. If you are using another OS like Windows, we recommend using Windows Subsystem Linux (WSL), or you can use a virtual machine and make sure your ABT Wallet can access your VM's IP address.
ABT Node is a NodeJS application. You must have NodeJS Runtime and Node Package Manager (NPM) to install it.
You need to install NodeJS and NPM for installing ABT Node binary. ArcBlock recommends using Node Version Manager(NVM) for installing NodeJS.
Step 1: Install NVM
Install NVM using the below command:
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.35.3/install.sh | bash
Get the latest LTS version of Node.js using the below command (you can list all versions with
nvm ls-remote | grep 'Latest LTS'
At the time of writing this document, the latest LTS version was v14.16.1
nvm install v14.16.1
Note: You can install the latest version of Node.js by running
nvm install-latest-npm command:
Execute the below command to install ABT Node :
npm install -g @abtnode/cli
After installing the ABT Node binary, you must initialize the node and provide a directory location for storing configuration.
- Run the
abtnode initcommand to initialize the ABT Node
- Once initialized, the system will confirm the directory where you want to store the configuration.
- After confirming, the system will automatically generate your ABT Node configuration.
- Now, start the ABT Node Service by executing the
- You can stop ABT Node service by executing
The above command will start the ABT Node server on 8089. You can access the ABT Node on
/admin request path (
http://126.96.36.199:8089/). After this, you must agree to License terms before accessing the ABT Node dashboard.
Please do not access the ABT Node using localhost / 127.0.0.1 address. You will not be able to connect it using ABT wallet.
You can run ABT Node by using the official Docker image
docker run -d -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -v "$(pwd)":/data/abtnode arcblock/abtnode
Docker images are based on the Debian Linux platform.
The above command will start the ABT Node container and bind it to port 80 / 443 on the Host machine. You should access it using the IP address of the Host machine (
http://192.168.1.5/). Please do not access the ABT Node using localhost / 127.0.0.1 address. You will not be able to connect it using ABT wallet.
After this, you must agree to License terms before accessing the ABT Node dashboard.
You can run ABT Node on AWS using AWS Marketplace
- You must select Continue to subscribe from the overview tab,
- You are presented with Terms and Conditions, to which you must agree by clicking Accept Terms.
- After the subscription authorization is complete Continue to Configuration will be enabled. Click it to proceed
- Select ABT Node version and AWS region, then click Continue to Launch
You are on the Launch page, where you must provide the following instance details :
- Select Launch from Website for the Choose Acton dropdown.
- Select EC2 instance type.
- Select appropriate VPC Settings, followed by Subnet Settings
- In Security Group Settings select an existing security Group or create one by clicking "Create new based on seller setting".
- select / create a key pair under Key Pair Settings
- Click Launch to deploy ABT Node using the provided configuration
Please make a note of the ports that are opened in the associated security group. The standard ports are: 80 (HTTP) and 443 (SSL/HTTPS). We do not recommend opening port 22(SSH) unless required by your organisation practices.
AWS will take some time to create an application instance. After the confirmation message, you should open the EC2 Dashboard to get the Public IP, and AWS-provided sub-domain of the ABT Node instance.
You can access the ABT Node on
/admin request path using either of the following locations :
- Non secured Access : You can access ABT Node on HTTP by using the IP address (
http://188.8.131.52/admin) or the AWS-provided sub-domain (
- Secured Access : ArcBlock provides HTTPS access to AWS hosted ABT Nodes using a convention-based sub-domain(
ipv4convention.ip.abtnet.io). You can determine the sub-domain by replacing the dot(
.) separator in IPv4 address with the dash(
-) separator. The above hosted ABT Node is available on
ArcBlock recommends using the secured approach over the non-secured approach. The admin page presents License terms to which you must agree before accessing the ABT Node dashboard.
ABT Node works on HTTPS using a sub-domain certificate (
ip.abtnet.io). Accessing it using AWS provided public IPv4 address(
http://184.108.40.206/admin) or sub-domain(
https://ec2-18-219-164-196.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/admin) gives an error of invalid certificate.